Recital Picture Schedule
* Recital is held each year in May
* Recital is optional for recreational students.
* The office must know by January 1st if a student will NOT be participating in recital.
* If we do not hear otherwise, it is assumed that a student will be participating in the recital.
* All students will be required to attend all rehearsals designated for the show(s) they are performing in.
* Professional videos will be made of the shows and may be purchased.
* Professional pictures will be taken and available for purchase of all students interested, including class photos.
2017 RECITAL PHOTOS
Sat. May 6th
NO CLASSES THIS DAY
MGM Studio of the Dance
Friday May 19, 2017-Dress Rehearsal
Saturday, May 20, 2017-Spring Recital
Location: East High Performing Arts Center
An annual staple of any dance studio, ‘The Recital’, conjures fond images of childhood for many. It is a rite of passage for thousands of youngsters, a chance to shine in front of family and friends that they anticipate with nervous excitement.
The recital offers our students a professionally directed performance that allows them to present to their families and friends the results of a year’s hard work, dedication, and progress.
A big part of the performing arts training process includes learning through performance. The experience helps build self-esteem, self-assurance, and contributes to a sense of confidence. Although performance opportunities can help prepare some students for a possible career in the performing arts, they also contribute to student’s success in other activities. That onstage experience can result in better in-school presentations, improved social skills, and strong interview skills for future job opportunities. The rehearsal process is a tremendous learning experience as well. It helps the student develop retention skills, and by working with their classmates on a group performance, they learn the positive aspects of working as a team to create the best end result.
All students are required to pay a $40 non-refundable recital fee ($50 for a family of dancers). This fee is due no later than April 1st, and will cover the cost of the theater, props, programs, etc. A late charge of $5.00 will be charged for any deposits not received by the 5th business day of April.
* The recital fee is in lieu of tickets. This allows students to invite any number of guests to the recital without the hassle of tickets.
We spend many hours determining the correct costumes for each class and we try to keep the cost as low as possible. Costumes are always age-appropriate and of the highest quality possible. Students will need one costume for each class they train in. Costumes include all accessories (hats, gloves, etc.), but not tights or shoes.
* In recent years, the costume fee has ranged from about $40 to $60.
The non-refundable costume fee will be due no later than February 1st. A late charge of $5 will be charged for any deposits not received by the 5th business day of February. This deposit is non-refundable unless studio receives written notice of withdraw by December 20th.
You will be notified in January as to the cost of the costume for each of your student’s classes.
MGM Studio of the Dance
535 N Woodlawn, Suite 340
Wichita, Kansas 67208
Copyright MGM Studio of the Dance. All rights reserved.